Air France releases details of Michelin-starred chefs’ menus
Air France continues to promote French dining throughout the world.
The airline is to team up with two Michelin-starred chefs to enhance the menus on its long-haul La Première and Business services.
The chefs have created what the airline describe as ‘refined dishes’ for Air France passengers from Paris, including vegetarian, fish, poultry and meat courses.
Three Michelin-starred chef Régis Marcon is president of the Servair Culinary Studio, the group of culinary ambassadors who meet to reflect the evolution of culinary technologies, explore new trends, identify innovative products and meet the specific needs of customers of Servair, the leading French airline catering company.
Marcon has created six new, seasonal dishes.
- Vegetable lasagna, with tangy chive cream;
- Braised veal shank, sage sauce, potato gratin with porcini mushrooms;
- Beef tenderloin in red wine, sautéed potato and morel cake;
- Pike and shrimp cake with lobster sauce, sautéed girolle mushrooms with tarragon, spinach;
- Mixed scallops and scampi with truffles, reduced jus and julienne vegetables;
- Confit pigeon, apricot sauce, lemon bulgur, mushrooms and butternut.
In the Business cabin, Air France has entrusted its menu to two Michelin-starred chef Mathieu Viannay.
There are eight original dishes combining delicate flavours and local produce.
- Penne pasta, arugula and spinach gratin, ricotta cream with lovage
- Risotto verde, vegetable Bolognese
- Beef tenderloin, macaire potato patties, roasted beet and smoked meat juices
- Poultry fillet with morel mushrooms, spelt and butternut squash risotto
- Poached cod fillet with baby vegetables and taggiasca olives
- Pike perch fillet, armorican sauce, yellow carrots and herb semolina
- Braised veal shank with sweet spices, split pea puree, mange tout and hazelnuts
- Roasted guineafowl in coffee, celery confit and stewed autumn vegetables.
The menus will be available on long-haul flights from Paris from November 2021 to February 2022.