London Gatwick has unveiled its new brand identity and refreshed vision, reflecting its strong ongoing recovery from the pandemic, providing a platform for the airport’s next phase of growth and supporting significant economic opportunities for the region.
Acknowledging the airport’s proud history, the new, modernised brand is designed to reaffirm and showcase London Gatwick’s position as a major international gateway. It also recognises the airport as part of the broader VINCI Airports network.
The vision – To be the airport for everyone, whatever your journey – focuses on delivering a personalised experience to meet passengers’ individual needs.
Underpinning the vision is a strengthened focus and investment on simplifying the journey through the airport by focusing on ease, efficiency and experience. This will allow passengers more time to shop, have a drink, or finish some last-minute work calls or emails.
Jonathan Pollard, Chief Commercial Officer, London Gatwick said,
This is a perfect time for us to launch our new brand and refreshed vision, as we head into our second year of recovery from the global pandemic and look to embark on a very promising chapter of growth.
We are taking a multi-dimensional approach, combining investment in airport development, along with a new visual identity, to rejuvenate the image of London Gatwick.
We expect this will translate to more people choosing to fly from the airport, with even more exciting destinations for passengers.
Our previous brand served us well for over ten years, but it’s now the right time to modernise and update our airport.
As we look ahead to future growth, our refreshed brand celebrates the past and brings us into the future.
Accompanying the new brand and vision is an exciting multi-million pound development programme.
This significant programme of investment includes the expansion and refurbishment of departure lounges to create more modern, appealing spaces for passengers, while at the same time considering the airport’s sustainability goals.
It will also focus on accelerating automation in cutting-edge improvements across check-in and boarding, as well as enhanced airfield technology. A multi-million-pound upgrade of Gatwick Airport railway station is also on-track for completion later this year.
The new branding can already be seen across many of Gatwick’s digital and social channels, as well as key focal points within the airport. Over the coming months passengers, airport partners and colleagues will see it come to life across the airport.
Gatwick is the UK’s second largest airport and is a vital piece of national infrastructure that helps drive both the regional and national economy.
More than 40 airlines fly from the airport to over 150 short-haul and more than 45 long-haul destinations. The airport is focused on rebuilding and growing sustainably in the long term. It has ambitious plans to be a net zero airport by 2030 and increase capacity by bringing its Northern runway into routine use.
VINCI Airports owns a 50.01% stake in the airport, with Global Infrastructure Partners managing the remaining 49.99% interest. The world’s leading private airport operator, VINCI Airports operates more than 65 airports in twelve countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Thanks to its expertise as a global integrator, VINCI Airports develops, finances, builds and manages airports by providing its investment capacity and its know-how in optimising operational performance, modernizing infrastructures and managing their operations and environmental transition.
VINCI Airports is the first airport operator to have committed to a global international environmental strategy in 2016, to achieve the goal of net zero emission across its entire network by 2050.