British Airways has announced customers can order discounted global antigen tests from Government-approved COVID-19 testing provider, Qured, at an exclusive price of £33.
The convenient rapid test kits are can be ordered to any UK address. Customers can take the kits, which are designed to be portable, with them abroad, in preparation for their return journey to the UK.
The test is remotely administered by a professional health advisor over a scheduled video call. The health advisor will guide the customer through taking a nose and throat swab and processing the sample. Verified results are available after twenty minutes, and the customer can download a ‘fit to fly’ certificate if the test is negative.
British Airways’ CEO Sean Doyle, said:
As we look forward and prepare for a safe return to travel, we remain focused on finding and offering the most convenient and affordable testing options for our customers.
Our teams were pleased to discover Qured, a unique new option which removes uncertainty and unnecessary expense for customers who may be concerned about sourcing a pre-departure test while away from home.
Qured’s CEO Alex Templeton, said:
Our accessible rapid testing service takes the hassle out of finding a test abroad. As a trusted healthcare provider we look forward to delivering an exceptional patient experience to British Airways’ customers and to working with them on a safe return to travel.
To find out more information on Qured, and all the other testing options and discounts available, customers can visit British Airways’ testing page on ba.com.
Rapid Covid-19 tests use a diagnostic lateral flow device to confirm the presence or absence of the virus. Qured’s rapid tests use a nose and/or throat swab to transfer the sample onto a lateral flow cassette. The lateral flow devices Qured uses have all been independently validated by Public Health England.
What is the Qured lateral flow test process?
- Once a test is purchased, the customer will receive the test kit via next-day delivery.
- Customers will be sent a unique link to sign up and book their virtual clinic slot.
- Prior to the virtual appointment the patient will receive a link to access Qured’s secure video consultation platform. They will then be asked to enter their name.
- The customer will enter the virtual waiting room and an expert health advisor will start the call at their chosen time.
- The customer is then guided through the test procedure and the whole process takes around 10 minutes.
- Result is available 20 minutes after the customer has completed the test. They will then email a photo of their ID and the LFD to Qured for verification.
- The customer is notified via text and email that their test result is available, and if negative, they can download a ‘fit to fly’ certificate to be presented at the airport or uploaded to the VeriFly app.